Wedded bliss before you even tie the knot?! You can have that feeling with a destination wedding! Imagine yourself getting married on a beach with the warmth of the sun on your face, crashing waves in the background and the sand between your toes. If that sounds like a dream come true, then a Destination Wedding may be just what you are looking for!
Enjoy the stress free planning with the use of an onsite wedding coordinator, photographer and a minister. Have a fabulous dinner and delicious cake for all of your guests or if you decide it will only be the two of you, it can all be arranged the way you’ve always dreamed! It will all be taken care of with some direction from you and leave the rest up to the professionals. Destination weddings are all inclusive packages that are definitely cost effective. The cost is usually somewhere around a few thousand dollars, depending how elaborate your taste is. Compared to your average state side wedding, which can cost up to $30,000, a destination wedding is easy on the budget.
If you are still debating on where to have your wedding, some of the most popular places are Cancun/ Riviera Maya, Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic and Jamaica. The reason that these are so popular is that they are easy to get to and there are non-stop flights available. We consider these locations to be budget friendly. But always do your research and always consider what the best option would be for you and your guests. A Destination Wedding can be an awesome celebration all wrapped into one; wedding, vacation and a honeymoon!
You can choose a simple but elegant or an elaborate and ornate wedding. The beauty is in your eyes. Contact Carol’s Travel Service today to meet with one of our destination wedding specialists and start making your dreams come true.
The holidays are approaching and it’s no secret that traveling during these peak times can be overwhelming. So here are a few tips to make your travels a little bit easier for you and your family.
- You can start by using your smart phone to its fullest potential. Make it work for you, after all, it is a smart phone, right? There are free travel apps that you can download to check flight stats, real time updates on delays, baggage numbers and more. GateGuru is a free app that gives you security line times, where to get a decent meal, snacks or coffee. You can download boarding passes on your smartphone too, which is something we recommend doing. Another free app is TripIt; it’s a travel organizing app that automatically creates a master itinerary for every trip so you can access all your travel plans, anytime, on any device. It’s always a great idea to fully charge all electronic devices before you head out.
- You must get to the airport early! Give yourself plenty of time for long lines and any unforeseen problems or delays that could cause you to miss your flight. You can check in online before you get to the airport to avoid lengthy check in lines. It is definitely worth it!
- If you are traveling around Christmas time that means you might be thinking about bringing a gift. Don’t wrap your gift. Chances are security may have you unwrap the gift to inspect them. A gift bag maybe a better choice instead of wrapping paper.
- Get assigned seating in advance. If you are traveling with family this will give you a better chance that you will be sitting together.
- Don’t drive yourself. You don’t want to deal with the added stress of trying to find a parking spot in a very crowded parking lot. Have a friend drive, public transportation or treat yourself and take a limo.
- Bring snacks or eat before you get to the airport. We like to do both. We like to pass the time with handful of popcorn or a granola bar.
- Bring a neck pillow, maybe some earplugs or headphones so you can relax away the stress during the hectic holiday season.