It’s winter, it’s cold, maybe it’s snowing and cabin fever may be setting in. Get out and enjoy a Winter Carnival! It’s time to get out of the house and break out of the winter blues. Downhill sledding, dancing or enjoy some unique art displays. Celebrate anywhere in the world. From Louisiana to Brazil or Colorado to France.
There is a Festival in FRANCE Called Fête du Citron, or the “Lemon Festival.” It is opposite of what you might envision a winter carnival being all about snow and ice. It is about bright fragrant citrus! It’s held along the Mediterranean coast in the French Riviera. This celebration of the delicious fruits of winter features parades, incredible castles and sculptures made of thousands of oranges and lemons, and ornate light displays at night.
Take a look at the other festivals available this Winter season.
- Mardi Gras in Louisiana, USA– February 28, 2017
- Carnival in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil– February 24 – March 1, 2017
- International Snow Sculpture Championships in Colorado, USA– January 24 – February 5, 2017
- Carnaval de Québec in Quebec City, Canada– January 27 – February 12, 2017
- Pingxi Sky Lantern Festival in Pingxi, Taiwan– February 11, 2017